Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ahhhh

We had a bright, sunny, 76 degree day today. It was that perfect fall day, the one you read about in regional magazines. The trees were dressed in their finest outfits. How could I pass up a lunch break at the park?











I love the crunchy sound of walking on dry leaves. I indulged in kicking them up as I strolled.





I had expected a crowd but there were only a handful of folks present at 12:30. A couple was having pictures professionally taken by a man with impressive photo equipment. A young mom and her toddler were enjoying one more day of getting around without coats and scarves. There was a gaggle of these web-footed friends, so I watched where I stepped around them. (The ratio of their input to output makes me wonder how they even gain any weight.)



I know there’s a scientific reason why leaves change color, photosynthesis and decreased daylight, yearly rainfall, and so on, but today was just a breathtaking day. Nature’s natural equivalent to fireworks.



While driving home after work, the trees seemed to reflect the sunlight.







Oooohh, aaaahh!

5 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

What a lovely way to spend your lunch break! No restaurant, no matter how fine, would have been decorated so beautifully or provided a more enjoyable ambiance (spelling?! :)

Green Bean said...

Ahhh, that was lovely. I feel completely at peace now.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Thank you for sharing this. I could just hear the leaves crunch. I have like 3 leaves out on the sidewalk..so sad..I try and hear them crunch when I take Butterscotch for his walks.....

Beautiful Photographs ! Stunning !

Have a great October weekend....

Kary

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

We must have been visiting each other at the same time.....
Yep....you remembered. It was the Dilly Bread from Bessie..recipe in that box....

more to come.....

Kary
xx

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I hope everyone has enjoyed this Autumn!

Thanks for stopping by!