Thursday, September 3, 2009

A long weekend

It's Friday night for me. I'm taking tomorrow off from work so I can just relax and get some sunshine before summer's over.
Tonight I enjoyed a wonderful dinner of summer squash and boneless chicken breast, pounded thin, and browned in a cast iron skillet. I made a gravy from the browned bits in the pan, a little white wine added. Now I'm going to put my feet up and nod off.
I'll be getting up early tomorrow for a walk on the beach and to do some exploring.

3 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Oh, your supper sounds wonderful. We are making our way here through this day. The garden felt like an oven. I think most of it is a loss. But I did manage to keep water on my trees. They are going to make it.

As for our supper...bbqing..again. Might as well enjoy it while we can...the Stouffers..well, we just had to make do there..

Oh my...

Have a great weekend.
Best,
Kary

MyStory of HiStory said...

Have a wonderful looong weekend! W/ plans like yours, how could you not?! :)

Scattering Lupines said...

Ah, the richness that Life can be...