Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stone steps


I've never been to the Mediterranean, but these steps conjure images of towns built on the hills overlooking the sea. They're actually in the town were I was born, and while they're a bit unkempt now, the built in planters show the importance of flowers to the original owners many years ago.


This section of town is currenty mostly inhabited by railway commuters. After a day in the city, I'd like to be returning home to the personal touch of cheerful flowers and rustic stonework.

3 comments:

Mug said...

Hi....Love the stone steps....and the flower boxes:)

I also ReAlLy enjoyed your posts about the Good humor Ice Cream Truck and the front porches (Rose's House). Such lovely relaxing days...we're all so busy now...It's quite sad, actually:(

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Mug,
Yes, I think they call that *progress* :)

I hope you are enjoying the last bits of summer!

MyStory of HiStory said...

You have a way w/ words my friend & they say a picture paints a thousand words...

Isn't it amazing how something so simple as flowers can pretty up a place & how they change thru the day & seasons - & how the closer you look, the more you see ... & the sweet fragrance :) Whether it's a stone wall or a stark/sterile indoor space...if there's flower(s) there, it/they seem to draw you to them. Now that's good art! :)

There's a lyric to a song called The Emptiest Day by Caedmon's Call that says - in reference to God - to the effect: They say that I can find You in a flower ...but I need You in the car...

Not sure why I shared that but it came to mind...mb bc it looks like this pic might have been taken from a car window - or perhaps it's what so many people pass by on the train during their rush to get to/from work, etc. - & never even notice.