Saturday, August 1, 2009

Relief

The news report lamented that so far this summer we have not had a single day with the temperature hitting 90 degrees. Oh, darn! Anyone in southern CT can tell you it's been a bear of a summer. Even though we have been hovering around the mid-80's, it has been HUMID. Every other day a thunderstorm will pass through and add to the stickiness.

So it was a pleasant surprise when this sudden downpour came through around suppertime yesterday and cooled things off. It was the type of rain that I've seen in Florida, quick and heavy. Afterwards the air was cool and comfortable. It was the first pleasant night for sleeping that we've had in a long time.



3 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

I love a good thunder storm :) ... don't mind heat too much - but humidity? UGH!

Mug said...

I didn't realize all of you way up there in the Northeast had the sticky humidity we have down here in the South.....One thing about humidity...makes you REAlly appreciate the fresh clean feel in the aftermath of a GOod rain shower!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi MyStory of HiStory,
I like how we all slow down when there's a storm.

Mi Mug,
I'm on the edge of the Atlantic (Long Island Sound), so we get the moist air mixed with the heat.

Today is so pleasant, and I'm getting caught up on my housework.