Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Local Harvest


With the recent hot weather, the *garden* has begun to bloom! Pepperoncini and Biker Billy now sport respectable fruits. My basil, which was off to a very slow start, now has some medium-sized leaves. The dill and parsley are also doing okay, but the cilantro came up spindly this year. As a “seasoned” gardener, I have found it challenging to grow using containers. It seems that my plants need to stretch their roots in the sun-warmed soil instead of being bound in a potted mixture.

Anyway, it’s all good. I’ll be using a lot of this in a fahita and salsa dinner this weekend. Going from planter to dinner plate within minutes. How *local* can you get? :)

And whatever else I need can always be found at the farmers’ market.


1 comment:

MyStory of HiStory said...

How nice/convenient! I may try an herb garden next year. Your homeade salsa sounds delightful! Enjoy! I'm excited to try a new/local Farmer's Market today -- I hope I want to go back! :)