Sunday, August 9, 2009

Buy Nothing Challenge August 2009 - week 1

I joined Crunchy Chicken's Buy Nothing Challenge for August, hoping to keep down the unnecessary spending. Here is the wrap-up of my first week:

$20 in the gas tank - absolutely necessary
$24.50 at the grocery store - food staples, necessary
$6.00 at Goodwill (supplies for a Christmas gift project) - necessary? maybe not, but if this project works it will save me a quite a bit on Christmas gifts
$4.00 at the bagel shop - this was my downfall. Thursday morning I really, REALLY wanted a bagel with cream cheese and a coffee.

Other than that, not bad.

I will be travelling later this week so I'll have to be extra careful with my dollars. It's so easy to spend when you're out on the road.

1 comment:

MyStory of HiStory said...

very impressive! Keep up the good work. A penny saved is a penny earned :)