Friday, July 17, 2009

Guidance

When looking back at the most critical times in my life, it seems that someone was watching over me and leading me where I needed to go. It wasn’t always easy but the road unfolded before me when the time was right. People entered my life who I needed at the time. Neighbors I barely knew brought me homemade organic chicken soup when I had the flu. Others gave me information that proved to be valuable. Calling about an available apartment found a landlady who turned into a dear friend.

Five years ago I decided to move closer to my elderly mother, so I could be of help to her. This 300 mile relocation involved selling the condo I had, buying a new one, packing, finding a new job, and all the other nuisances that happen when you move. Even though I knew it was the right thing to do, I hesitated for almost three years because I felt I wasn’t ready. When I decided to go through with it, it happened like a charm. One condo sold, the other purchased, notice given at work, moved, and three weeks after that I had a new job. It was as if someone opened all the right doors for me.(*)

Many other times in my life I’ve felt as if I have a Guardian Angel, possibly my father, who watches over me. So if that’s you, Dad, helping someOne up there, thank you. I love you, too.

* In this current housing and employment fiasco I may not have been so lucky, which makes me believe even more that this was pre-planned for me.

1 comment:

MyStory of HiStory said...

I've heard it said that guidance can stand for God(G) You (U) & (I) DANCE ... I will have to post that "story" sometime very soon :)