Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's Official, I'm a Commuter!

I did it! And it really wasn't that bad. Well, this afternoon's ride home started out tough but the second half was good. I live 4.5 miles from work, which isn't far at all, but it's got some steep hills along the way.
I packed up my lunch and clothes and took an early morning ride to work. The birds were singing and the everything was beautiful. There were two hills that caused me to get off and walk, but that was fine. The temperature warmed up considerably during the day so the hills were slightly more daunting, but I persevered.
I signed up at http://www.worldcommute.com/ and will log my miles, both for work and for pleasure. My goal is to commute 3 days per week, weather permitting, along with my weekend rides.
In this picture is my blue Schwinn, which will be sporting some new Wald bike baskets shortly after payday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! I seen your comment on the Slow Bicycle Movement website and had to look. I have also done the same, riding 3 days a week and started a blog about it! Yay! for bicycling! http://www.plumppedalpushers.blogspot.com/