Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mystery


This building is a little hidden mystery. You cannot easily see it from the road, yet thousands of people drive by it every day. It sits on the edge of a stream, on a barricaded and long since forgotten road in a busy city. This property was once part of a public park, but has been unused for years. It was closed to make way for a highway. The 200 acre remainder of the park has ball fields, climbing structures and slides for children, a large duck and goose population, picnic tables, and a zoo.



I went for a bike ride during lunch today, and took this detour to get to the park. I've ridden by here many times, and I just cannot guess what this building was for. It sits as I pass, never letting me know what it's purpose was when it was built. It keeps a secret well.

No comments: