Friday, March 27, 2009

A fork in the road

Throughout our lives we embark on a multitude of journeys. Some are intentional and others are accidental. We may not even be aware of where we are going until we get there.
I grew up in Connecticut believing I would have the typical role of working wife/mother complete with vacations and retirement in warmer climates. But here I am, single again, children grown and independent, working, and still a long way from retirement. Well, in the spirit of looking at things in a positive light - the World is my oyster!
With the economy in the pits and my 401K a laughing matter, I have decided to forge on. It would be easy to plod along, putting in my 9-to-5 until full retirement, which would allow me the pleasures of knitting all day while watching TV talk shows. As tempting as that sounds (not), I want something better. I can use everything I’ve learned to create a unique future, my future. A life with fresh air, green growing things, creativity, interaction, and being.

No comments: